Date & Time
Date: Friday, July 12th, 2019
Time: 6:30 am - 9:00 am
Fee with Member Discount: FREE
You may also like:
Date Friday, July 12, 6:30am – 9:00am
Juror Nancy Bea Miller
Reception 9:30am – 10:30am
Fee Free to Plein Air Plus selected artists, $10 for all other artists
A “Quick Draw” is an exciting event that includes a plein air painting competition, exhibit, and sale. This event is open to all artists. The participating plein air artists will be painting on-site around the LBIF campus and on the North End of LBI for two hours. Visitors can observe their creative process and watch unique works of art being created. At the end of the Quick Draw, these works will be on display and for sale at the LBIF. Paintings will be judged and prizes will be awarded by invited jurors. A special prize will be awarded to one artist who is enrolled either in high school or a college program.
PARTICIPATE IN THE LBIF “QUICK DRAW”!
- – What is the “Quick Draw”? The “Quick Draw” Competition is a plein air painting competition, exhibit, and sale that is open to anyone who registers.
- – From 6:30 to 9:30am on Friday, July 12th, all registered “Quick Draw” participants will set up their supplies and paint or draw en plein air. Together, artists and observers share in the creative process. See the scenes and how the artists interpret them.
- – After the paint out, an exhibit is held in LBIF’s Blai Room and paintings are exhibited on the easels on which they were created. The paintings will be judged by Nancy Bea Miller and awards will be presented at 9:30am.
Nancy Bea Miller graduated from Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and University of Pennsylvania. She has had numerous solo shows, and has shown widely in group shows in galleries and museums.
- Island Life 2019 – Plein Air Plus Exhibition – Friday, September 6th, 2019 – Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 – All Day
- Island Life 2019 – Plein Air Plus Reception & Lecture – Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 – 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm