The Osprey Viewing Blind was designed to give our members and visitors to the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences a great view of their local wildlife, especially nesting ospreys. The blind here will be seasonally installed from late March to early September. It’s important to follow the rules addressed below to ensure that the osprey family is safe and that the marsh walkway remains open to the public. Thank you!
- Please, no dogs along the saltmarsh section of the trail.
- No Smoking, drugs or alcohol.
- Be quiet.
- Do not go beyond the blind and try to approach the osprey nest. They will attack!
- When you leave, please exit the area quickly and quietly. The Osprey will notice you when you exit the blind and walk down the path.
- Leave things how you found them.
- Share the blind.
- Carry in; Carry Out! Leave No Trace!
Photos of the Blind: