Check out available jobs & volunteer programs at LBIF:
Learn more about the ways in which you can volunteer with LBIF by visiting the Become a Volunteer section!
Summer Camp Counselor in Training Program – The LBIF relies greatly on the support of volunteer efforts year round, but especially in the summer. Our Counselor in Training program (CIT) is great for teens and young adults to get exposure to responsibility and team building by working closely with our assistants and instructors at our Children’s Summer Camp. As a CIT, you will get the chance to work with one of our camps: Tiny Tykes, Early Birds, Creative Arts and Crafts, Marine Biology and Nature Studies. All of the camps have different age ranges and fun and interesting projects that they work on each week that the CIT’s would get to be a part of. This is especially great for those who may be interested in working at camp one day, but are not yet old enough. The CIT’s can volunteer on a daily or weekly basis, either for the whole summer or for certain dates of their interest. As a CIT, you get a schedule of what exactly you will be doing at camp and what your role will be during the time you are volunteering. Your hours are tracked and approved by our Camp Coordinator, so that you can use them towards community service or volunteer credits in the future. You also get an LBIF T-Shirt and you get to experience what it is like to be a part of the LBIF family. What could be better! Sign up to be a CIT today!
Email Lauren, Summer Camp Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Applications available spring of 2019.
DEADLINE: May 1, 2019 for summer session
Interning with the LBIF is a rewarding experience designed to give real-world understanding of working in a non-profit cultural organization. The LBIF has several internship programs available in areas ranging widely within the organization. If you are a Senior in High School or an undergraduate in college, please consider joining our team as a committed intern, ready to help promote and serve LBIF’s mission. Our summer season is a busy one and we can offer valuable experience to help prepare you for college or gain additional experience while you are in college. Take a moment and read through our internship opportunities, qualifications, and requirements to see if interning at the LBIF is right for you.
INTERN QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Fully reliable with accessible transportation mandatory
- Must possess the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Resourceful, creative, and a self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with PC-based programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Some positions may require additional program knowledge requirements.
- Our summer intern positions are unpaid
- All interns must be able to commit to a weekly schedule with a minimum of 10hrs/week
- Interns may be asked to bring their own laptops
* See full description document at the bottom of this page
List of available summer internships coming winter 2019.
Teaching at the LBIF is a rewarding experience. If you are interested in teaching at the LBIF, please contact us. We are always looking to expand our offerings with exciting new teachers and classes!
ART GALLERY COORDINATOR
The Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences (LBIF), located on Long Beach Island in New Jersey, is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Art Gallery Coordinator to manage, install and direct our art gallery operations where we host 12 art shows a year that feature 2D, 3D, outdoor and video artwork. The LBIF, with a 70 year history of providing excellence in programming and creativity in the arts, is a year round organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Gallery Coordinator manages all aspects of our art exhibitions, including organizing and installing exhibitions and works closely with the LBIF Art Committee and the Executive Director. In the summer season there are new exhibitions installed and de-installed every three weeks. The Gallery Coordinator is responsible for to take part in all art exhibition activities, including receptions, communication with artists, archiving and research.
- A background in art, including art history is preferred.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Responsible, punctual and is careful when handling artwork, with an understanding how artwork needs to be displayed.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy and cooperation.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Photography, Photoshop, Graphic Design (Adobe Suite), Social Media, Web Design.
Requirements include a BFA degree or enrollment in a program leading to a BFA degree or an MFA degree or enrollment in a program leading to a MFA degree.
This position starts immediately and is ideal for a BFA/MFA graduate. Salary is commensurate with experience. Hours are up to 35 hours per week as assigned, with a flexible work schedule. Evening and weekends will be as assigned. We recommend that candidates who live within approximately 45 minutes from the LBIF apply. To be considered, please submit the items below via email to email@example.com:
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experience
- A curriculum vitae
- Three references
An ideal position for a college student or retiree, the qualified individual will perform janitorial tasks on a daily basis to maintain the facility.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Physically setting up chairs, tables for events.
- Organize and prepare classrooms as needed.
- Available to work flexible schedule 18-24 hours per week, including weekends, starting immediately.
- Perform light maintenance items and painting.
- Must be punctual and have reliable work ethic and good references.
- Willingness to be available for occasional evening and weekend events.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Starting @ $10/hour
To apply, please supply 3 references along with your resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasionally, other support staff and administrative positions become available at the LBIF. If you are interested, please email your resume to email@example.com and we will keep it on file for when we have an opening.