Date & Time
Date: Saturday, November 11th, 2017
Time: 11:00 am - 12:45 pm
Fee with Member Discount: $5 for members
You may also like:
Pre-session Observation of Veterans Day at the LBIF Memorial Garden at 11:00am
This workshop will be real interactive learning with Jonathan Carr of Weather NJ. Discuss – what will the winter 2017-2018 be like? Learn from the expert and learn how he assembles the forecast. Lecture with Q&A. LBIF Members: contact the office for your member discount code at 609-494-1241.
- Why do we have weather and climate?
- What’s the difference?
- Air masses of Earth Frontal boundaries and atmospheric drivers
- Low pressure vs high pressure at different altitudes
- Upper-level prognostication Hurricanes (the Cape Verde System), nor’easters and blizzards
- Micro-climate and synoptic influence of the Atlantic Ocean
- Overview of LBIF weather station
- How you can use the LBIF weather station for forecasting and reporting